Saudi Arabia Visa Applicant Coronavirus Guidelines
Please note that the following guidelines are policies implemented by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Saudi Tourism Ministry and the Saudi embassy in London.
Saudi Arabia Visa Applicant Coronavirus Guidelines Important Notes
Nationalities and Prior Travel: All applicants will need to provide information on their previous 6 months travel. Please note the Saudi embassy have also stipulated that:
Applicants that hold passports from: UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Syria Egypt, South Korea, Italy, Iraq will not be able to submit an application until due notice.
Travellers that have visited these countries within the last 14 days will not be able to apply until 14 days after their exit from the country in question
Passengers intending to transit through any of these countries will also not be able to apply for a visa until further notification. Please see points as below.
Flight Bookings: The Saudi embassy have also requested that all visa applicants provide their flight bookings during their visa application process. The embassy requires all flight bookings to be either direct from the UK, or if transiting through an airport thn via a country with no Covid19 cases reported.
Entry into Saudi Arabia by Land: Land crossings from Bahrain(causeway)/UAE/Kuwait are temporarily closed, however entry via the airports is still permitted
Embassy Visa Section Operating Days: The Saudi Arabia embassy visa department is only open Monday - Thursday, and closed on Fridays. Therefore the processing time is exclusive of these
Saudi Arabia Online EVisas and Saudi Tourist Visa Applications:
With effective from the 27th February 2020, the Saudi government in order to limit the potential spread of the Coronavirus for pleasure holidays, Umrah and upcoming Hajj, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has suspended its Saudi Tourist Visa issuance and its Saudi online evisa schemes until the government have assessed the risk factor and suitable measures. It is advised that any applicants that may have booked travel to contact their tour operator to make any necessary travel arrangements. The Saudi government have advised that they will communicate through media channels when the visa schemes for tourists will reopen.
Saudi Business Visas
For applicants that have already obtained their Business visa, travel on this Saudi visa type will still be permitted as normal. For new Saudi Arabia Business Visit Visa applications that are to be applied via the embassy in London, the normal procedures still apply, however there will be an additional form which will seek further information about your previous travel to various countries. It is likely that the embassy will also review your passport for any previous travel as well with respective stamps. The Saudi Visa Coronavirus form can be obtained by downloading our application pack via our website download pack.
Summary of Main Precautionary Measures and other Key Points Taken by the Saudi MOFA:
- Entering the Kingdom for the purpose of Umrah and/or visiting the Prophets Mosque in Medina is temporarily suspended.
- Entry to the Kingdom with a tourist visa from countries with confirmed Coronavirus outbreaks, according to criteria established by Saudi health authorities, is temporarily suspended.
- The use of national identity cards (instead of passports) for travel to and from the Kingdom is suspended.
Exceptions will be allowed for:
- Saudi Nationals who left Saudi Arabia by using their national cards
- Citizens of Gulf Cooperation Council countries wishing to return from Saudi Arabia after entering with their national identity cards
- Stresses that these measures are temporary and subject to continuous evaluation by the relevant authorities.
- Renews it support for all international measures to limit the spread of this virus, and urges its citizens to exercise caution before travelling to countries experiencing Coronavirus outbreaks.