The six states that border the Gulf of Persia share a strong relationship with the United Kingdom that dates back two centuries. One of the UK’s oldest and closest bilateral relationships in the region is with the Kingdom of Bahrain. The country is Saudi Arabia’s island neighbour, connected via a causeway to the Saudi mainland. Bahrain gained independence from the UK in 1971, and since then, has maintained strategic diplomatic, cultural, trade and military ties with Great Britain. In fact, the UK is one of four European countries that have a diplomatic mission in Manama, Bahrain.
Bahrain’s economy is one of the most liberalised in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). As a major trading hub in the region, it is a vital trading partner and base for UK companies. The Kingdom is home to over 500 active UK commercial agencies and 90 branches of British companies. This can be attributed to Bahrain’s liberal tax regime, direct access to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia through the strategic causeway and a highly regulated financial services sector. In addition, over 350 Bahraini companies have partnerships with UK-based businesses.
The Bahrain Embassy in London is among 558 foreign representations in the UK. The Embassy plays an important role in promoting Bahrain’s strategic, political and economic interests in Europe, as well as strengthening relationships on a commercial and cultural level with the United Kingdom. These functions are carried out by various departments of the Embassy of Bahrain in London. The departments include:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs: For coordinating and implementing all the Kingdom’s matters related to its foreign policy.
- Cultural Attaché: For protection and development of the Kingdom’s culture, national heritage and arts through festivals, intellectual and artistic activities. The cultural attaché is also responsible for helping students from Bahrain studying in UK universities.
- Consular Services: To process Bahrain visa applications, passport services, legalisation and other matters related to travel, stay and work within the Kingdom, from the UK.
Services Provided by the Bahrain Embassy in London
The following is a brief list of important functions undertaken by the Bahrain Embassy in London:
- Working in close contact with British government bodies to promote and strengthen UK-Bahrain bilateral ties.
- Promoting socio-economic ties with the United Kingdom, under the 2030 Economic Vision, launched in October 2008 by His Majesty King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa. This includes responding to the needs of foreign businesses and creating skilled jobs for Bahrainis in the UK.
- Providing assistance in medical, legal, legalisation and various other matters to Bahraini citizens residing in the UK.
- Accepting and processing visa applications of both citizens of Bahrain in the UK, as well as UK citizens who would like to visit the Kingdom for tourism, business, diplomatic and employment purposes.
- Providing passport application and renewal services to citizens of Bahrain in the UK. This includes assistance in passport issuance for lost and damaged passports.
- Issuance of travel permits to children of Bahraini citizens, born outside the Kingdom, in the UK or any other country.
- Attestation and legalisation of documents, such as certificates and transcripts, for use in the Kingdom of Bahrain. This can be for visa applications, student requirements and for employment purposes in the Kingdom.
Contact Details of the Bahrain Embassy in London
Address of Bahrain Embassy in London is:
30 Belgrave Square
The United Kingdom
Opening hours of the Embassy of Bahrain in London, for the public are:
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for applications
Monday to Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for collections
The Embassy can be reached through bus route numbers 14, 22, 38, 507 and 751. The nearest tube stations are Piccadilly and Victoria. Train routes that reach the Embassy are the Heathrow Express, South-Eastern and the Southern railway routes.
How Will Saudi Able Link Help?
Saudi Able Link is a premier visa agency that can help with obtaining visas for travel to the Kingdom of Bahrain from the UK. Along with guidance through the Bahrain visa application process, our visa consultants will help in obtaining visa medical insurance services, translation of documents and document attestation services from various UK and Bahrain government bodies.
We ensure that all the requisite documents for visa application are in order. Through years of working in this field, we have established strong relationships with officials in various consular offices and other departments of the Embassy, to be able to fulfil all legalisation requirements. You can trust our screened and highly capable visa consultants to handle your confidential documents with utmost care. It is our responsibility to submit your visa application to the Embassy and collect the original passport, which will be dispatched to you directly, after the visa is stamped.
Contact us at 02070961985 or email us at email@example.com.