The State of Qatar and the United Kingdom have maintained strong strategic relations and bilateral cooperation in various fields of partnership for a long time now. The first UK Embassy was set up in Doha in 1949, with the arrival of British diplomat, Sir Arthur John Wilton.
Today, the two nations have diplomatic cooperation agreements in the fields of business, economy, education, science and technology, arts and culture and military. The two countries cooperate on defense projects as well. Britain has a Royal Air Force base located 17 miles south-west of Doha, in Al Udeid. Qatari cadets attend the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst every year.
The UK government department of UKTI (UK Trade and Investment) facilitates the expansion and location of UK-based businesses in Qatar, as well as Qatari businesses that wish to set up their bases in the UK. There are more than 700 UK-based companies registered in Qatar. Bilateral trade between the two countries stood at £6.7 billion in 2019. Along with shared economic interests and military affairs, Qatar and the UK share cultural ties too. The British Council has been involved in arts, social and education programmes in Qatar since 1972.
The Qatar Embassy in London, located in South Audley Street in Mayfair, is the Middle Eastern nation’s diplomatic mission in the UK. It is the Embassy’s mandate to promote and preserve the ties between the UK and Qatar. Various departments in the Embassy work towards this mandate, such as:
- Qatar Ministry of Foreign Affairs: To promote and implement Qatar’s foreign affairs policies and maintain diplomatic relations with UK government bodies.
- The Diplomatic Institute: To provide human resources to the Qatar Ministry of Foreign Affairs to help represent Qatar in the best possible manner.
- Consular Services: To issue visas and provide passport services to Qatar and UK citizens for travel to the State of Qatar.
- Permanent Committee for Organising Conferences: To host regional and international conferences, summits and meetings in the UK, in various areas of political, economic, scientific and technological development.
Services Provided by the Qatar Embassy in London
The following is a list of services provided by the Embassy of Qatar in London.
- Issuance or renewal of passports to Qatari citizens residing in the UK. This pertains to applications for damaged, expired or lost passports by Qatari citizens and students in UK universities and scholarship programmes.
- Issuance of certificates on a “To Whom it May Concern” basis to citizens of Qatar, residing in the UK for study, treatment or other purposes.
- Completing formalities and transfer of the bodies of deceased Qatari citizens from the UK to the State of Qatar.
- Accepting and processing Qatar visa applications, filed by citizens of the UK for travel to Qatar for tourism, business and employment purposes. Business visas are issued to prominent figures in the business community and to members of the Arab British Chamber of Commerce.
- Helping in obtaining a non-conviction certificate from the police in the State of Qatar. A fingerprint document issued by the London Metropolitan Police and certified by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in London has to be provided.
- Registration of children of Qatari citizens born in the UK.
- Attestation and legalisation of documents such as personal documents, education certificates, business invoices and registration certificates, goods certificates, undertaking certificates and power of attorney certificates, market research documents and transaction documents for Qatar visa applications or for use within the State of Qatar.
Contact Details of Qatar Embassy in London
The Qatar Embassy’s address in London is:
1 South Audley Street
London W1Y 5DQ
Phone no: (+44) 207 493 2200
Fax no. : (+44) 207 493 2819
Email Address: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening and closing hours of the Embassy are 09:30 to 16:00, Monday to Friday. Timings of the consulate section are 10:00 to 13:00, Monday to Friday.
The Qatar Embassy in Mayfair, London, can be reached by bus, train and tube. Bus route numbers 137, 14, 2, 22, 148, 36, 390 and 414 pass through the area. The nearest tube stations include Piccadilly, Victoria and Jubilee. Train routes that can be used to reach the Embassy are Great Northern, Southern and South-Eastern.
How Can Saudi Able Link Help
Saudi Able Link will act as a bridge between UK visa applicants, who would like to visit the State of Qatar, and the Embassy. We have strong ties with government officials in the Embassy of Qatar in London, to not only handle your visa application process but also to take care of your document attestation needs. Our agents can also guide you through the medical insurance requirements for a Qatar visa.
Along with that, we also have connections with UK government bodies, such as the FCO and the Arab British Chamber of Commerce, to assist with document legalisation requirements, which are mandatory for visa issuance.
Our consultants can be trusted to take care of your important documents with utmost care, delivering them personally to the Embassy and retrieving your passport with the visa stamp, to be dispatched to your address directly.
For any queries related to Qatar visa applications, kindly send us an email at email@example.com or you can call us at 02070961985.